Sunday, May 6, 2012

Yesterday was the annual Super Cop Boxing Exhibition here in Chicago.  For those not familiar with the event, it's a charity event for the families of officers who've lost their lives in the line of duty.  Active duty, sworn law enforcement officers sign up for exhibition boxing bouts and their departments come to cheer them on.  Bragging rights are the only pay off beyond the charity.  For more info on the organization here it is:

http://www.supercop.org/

The past few years there have been a grappling division as well.  I'm not lying, I've been wanting this title.  There, I said it.  IBJJF medals are more highly valued among BJJers, NAGA is more widely recognized, but I've always wanted to win the cop grappling tournament.  I've given it a couple of tries. Gotten close a time or two, but never sealed the deal. Finally, the stars lined up this year.

The other competitors were great.  Each a class act and another cop.  Here's the breakdown on how it went:

Round 1


Round 2

And Round 3



It's not my most exciting work, but the strategy of the match worked really well.  Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment