Thursday, February 16, 2012

Back to BJJ

Well, at least as it related to self defense.  Since the subject of training modalities came up in the last post, I thought I share this video that we made in response to a question about training BJJ and grappling for self defense from some friends of mine down south. 

This is kind of my thoughts on how BJJ training applies to self defense, in particular how it applies to my job in law enforcement.  It's about the thought process of looking at an art and looking at what you need it to do and making the two meet.  That's not to say that I don't enjoy the pure art of BJJ or the competitive side of just BJJ, but I also recognize the benefit that bringing my BJJ training to work can offer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQyqt4DKhRo

No comments:

Post a Comment